Yes botulism toxin is extremely deadly and is actually a toxin produced by clostridium botulinum, a bacteria that causes food poisoning (food poisoning which will probably kill you). I remember learning in college that 1g( I think, definitely a very small amount) in the Thames river would kill the entire population of London. It causes paralysis and because of this has been modified to make a drug which is used to treat patients with cerebral palsy and hemiplegia (post stroke). It helps loosen their muscles by paralysing the nerves that are causing there arms or legs to be rigid. Also used in the beauty industry to paralyse your face! The drug itself is not toxic, it has been modified from its original form. Sorry for rambling on and going off the point…I just love botulism ?